Wednesday, March 19, 2008

AutoCAD 2009

Yes I know my blog says "BIMview" and my focus is going to be Revit and BIM ideas, but we can not pass up the release of AutoCAD 2009.

We have been anticipating the release of AutoCAD 2009 since AU 2007. Those who were there may have had the opportunity to see the software others just heard bits and pieces. Well the what is over or just about. The first shipments should be anytime now.

I had some time to Beta test the '09 product and get a feel for what was to come. I can say that the initial look as it launched for the first time was one of "shock and aw".



My Second thought was Microsoft Office 2007. Yes, the Ribbon Gui from Microsoft migrated to AutoCAD.

I had the opportunity to poll a large group of users on the new interface and talk about, thank you JAG User Group. I showed Word 2007 first and asked if anyone ahas used the new 2007 Office product line, about a third of the group now uses it or has used it. Their opinion was "I can not find anything." I asked was there any other opinions, several people spoke up and said that once they got use to using it it was easier to use and quick to find things.

In closing this post, I think that you need try new technology and give it a chance, before you jump to criticize it.

No comments: