Monday, March 24, 2008

Dimensions in Revit 2009

I have to admit the guys over at Autodesk do listen to us. I was browsing the new features to Revit Architecture 2009 and found they finally implemented some of the wish list items we have been asking for.

First off, I know that we all need to override a dimension and place just text in locations, such as "varies." That is just one of many items you can do to the dimensions in 2009. Check out this dialog box;

As you can see we can modify our dimensions in several ways; from prefix to suffix, above and below and replace with text. Okay, now how do I get to that? That is simple select a dimension, and yes it can be a string or single dimension, then select the dimension number "text" that is now blue, then modify as needed. I will say that Revit does not want you to over ride a dimension with a different dimension that is incorrect. In this dialog box, I have a dimension reading 65'-4". I can change it to read "Varies" or "place bolts every 6" o.c." I know my first question with this override was "Can I change it to read "63'-10" now?" No, Revit will not allow you to do this you will receive a warning, as you see below:



No comments: